The Minnesota Women of Today focuses on community service, personal growth, and building friendships. Whether you want to give back to your community; develop your individual talents in speaking, writing and other areas; or make great new friends, Women of Today has something for you -- and you'll bring something unique to the organization! New voices and new ideas are always welcome.
Click this link to let us know you are interested in being a member.
Find out more about our organization through this site, and join us at a meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Chapter Service Center Hours
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
from 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tuesday from 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PO Box 44242, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
MVP Challenge: Change the World
March 22-28...if you signed a new member during Change the World Week, email our MVP about it at email@example.com, and your name (or chapter name) will be in the drawing for a BIRTHDAY GIFT from MVP to YOU, to be given at Annual Convention!
Rebates & Success Points!
- Presidential Success Bonus points for 3rd trimester include two in the area of Membership: Show chapter growth for 3rd trimester for 50 points...OR…Achieve 75% retention (or higher) AND growth +2 for 100 points!
- MNWT Foundation Rebates were very motivating and successful last trimester and over $400 in rebate checks were given out! We are thrilled with the results and have kept them the same:
- $20 Rebate for signing 3 new members and achieving chapter growth for 3rd trimester
- $45 Value Rebate, if you sign 4 new members during 3rd trimester, the 5th member you sign will be free!
Party Pack Challenges!
- Ensure renewals are postmarked (with payment) by the EARLY Bird deadline of March 15th and your chapter will be entered into a drawing for the Ultimate Movie Night Party Pack
- Complete and in-chapter extension (4 new members in one month) at any time during 3rd trimester and your chapter will be entered into a drawing for the Ultimate M-Night Party Pack.
USWT CHALLENGE: Hop into Spring - April Membership Challenge
What does this mean to you? This means we need to try and hit our goals of recruitment and retaining our membership. What was our goal at the beginning of our year for membership for the United States? It was to maintain 75% retention and end our year with a membership number of base +2 by year end. USWT we have hit our goal of 75% retention so far. Great job. Now we must work on our goal of +2. We are so close of hitting that number. So this is the time to come together look at each of our states membership goals and how can we acheive that number together.
- The first 5 members who recruit 5 members or more in the month of March or April (in one month) will be put in a drawing for $50.00 CASH from me in your efforts.
- Any chapter that signs 5 or more new members in April will recieve $25.00 in CASH from me in your efforts.
DON’T WE ALL LOVE A LITTLE CASH?
Have you heard about the Fellowship Builder Award that you can receive for your chapter? It is just a one page form for you to fill out and let MNWT MVP know how your chapter has had fun this year! If your chapter celebrated Friendship Day, and then had 3 or more events during the year which were social, your chapter qualifies! These events should be social…to get members to know each other better and have fun together. Right now off the top of my head I can think of many chapters that qualify for this award. Please fill out the form which is on the USWT website at www.uswomenoftoday.org and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and USWT MVP Nicky Anderson. The deadline to submit this form is May 1, 2014, so please send it by then.
The Online Training Subcommittee has been busy at work creating videos to assist local chapters and encourage member participation on the state level. To view the videos, go to the Member Home page. For now, we have them listed below, but soon they will be on the official MNWT YouTube Channel. You can access tthat with the icon on the footer of this webpage.
Join us at convention and see what all the buzz is about!
Start the year off right: prepare a budget for approval by your chapter.
Honor your deserving members by nominating them for a Presidential Pin or Medallion.
Start your year right by creating a Growth Plan for your chapter.
MNWT Buckets of Sunshine Update
Collection presentation will now be held at Annual Convention!
Due to the New Beginnings closure, the Marketing Committee has replaced this year's Statewide Project Beneficiary. Although, we are truly saddened by the dissolution of New Beginnings, we are excited to introduce you to Emerging Mothers Academy. Their mission is very similar to NB, in that they are helping single mothers emerge as confident women and caring mothers.
Emerge Mothers Academy will gladly take all the items already collected for babies, even though they are focused more on the mothers, as opposed to the babies. Also the Bathroom Remodel will be changed to a Capital Campaign for Laptops & Printers for the EMA office. Since the organization is only two years old and they do not house mothers, that was the most likely solution we come up with to do with the donated monies.
For more information, please visit the Statewide Project webpage.
|MOM Item Collection
- Gift cards for job interview outfits
- Gift cards for hygiene and household needs
- New or gently used maternity and baby clothes
- Gift cards for gasoline
- Bottled water
- Paper plates, napkins and forks
- Baked goodies